ANGUS STRACHAN, Ph.D.
2510 Main Street, Suite 201
Santa Monica, California 90405
Phone 310-392-6163 / Fax 310-392-6043
Angus Strachan, Ph.D., is an organizational consultant with 20 years of experience. His areas of expertise include organizational analysis, change management, team building, selection methods, management coaching, leadership development, dispute mediation, career development, strategic planning, and training.
Dr. Strachan has a Ph.D. from the University of California, Los Angeles in Psychology. He has conducted extensive research in interpersonal communication and third-party conflict resolution, and has authored 21 publications on the topic. He has also trained others in dispute resolution.
In addition to his consulting business, Dr. Strachan was Chair of the Industrial/ Organizational Psychology Division of the California Psychological Association (CPA) and was Chair of the Policy Governance Task Force of the CPA.
In 1997, Dr. Strachan co-developed a multimedia program on career change called, "Change Your Job / Change Your Life!" This program included a 6-part TV series for PBS, a CD-ROM, a book and self-study guide.
Dr. Strachan's clients have included high-tech organizations, non-profit and educational institutions, the entertainment industry as well as firms in aerospace, healthcare, and manufacturing. He also has significant experience working with the unique challenges of professional organizations, partnerships and family businesses.
1975-1981 Ph.D., University of California, Los Angeles
Major area: Clinical Psychology
Minor areas: Social and Developmental Psychology
1972-1975 B.Sc., Birkbeck College, University of London
Psychology, First Class Honors
1970-1971 P.G.C.E.,Goldsmiths' College, University of London
Post-Graduate Certificate in Education
1967-70 B.A., Corpus Christi College, University of Cambridge, England,
Mechanical Sciences and Management Studies
- Organizational Development Network
- American Psychological Association
- British American Chamber of Commerce
- Licensed Clinical Psychologist, State of California, #PD8929
- Academy of Family Mediators, Practitioner Member
AWARDS AND HONORS:
- Chair, Industrial/Organizational Psychology division, California Psychological Association, 2000-2002.
- Director, Lovaas Institute for Early Intervention, 2002 on.
- Chair, Policy governance task force, California Psychological Association, 2001.
- Chancellor's Dissertation Fellowship, UCLA, 1979-1980
- Fulbright-Hays Scholarship, 1975.
- The Sir Cyril Burt Prize, 1976 (for the best undergraduate research project in individual differences at the University of London).
- The Shepherd Ivory Franz Teaching Award, 1978 (for outstanding performance as a teaching assistant at UCLA).
- Chancellor's Intern Fellowship, UCLA, 1975-1976.
Strachan, A.M. (2003). The Trusted Advisor. California Psychologist, 36 (4), 21-22.
Strachan, A.M. (2000). Consulting to Leaders and Teams. Los Angeles Psychologist, 14 (2), 6-33.
Strachan, A.M. (1988). Consulting to families and larger systems: A review of "Systems Consultation." Contemporary Psychology, 33, 322-324.
Cloke, K., Strachan, A.M. (1987). Mediation and pre-paid legal plans. In J.A. Lemmon (Ed.), New insights into family mediation. Mediation Quarterly, 18, San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 1987, pp. 91-95.
Strachan, A.M. (1983). Family matters: An interview with John Cleese and Robin Skynner. Changes, 2(1), 4-7.
Dr. Strachan has written 21 other publications.